This Student Was Kicked Out Of Her University Gym Because Her Shirt Was 'Cut Too Low' In The Back

By Fresh U Editors - Apr 26 2016

A student at the Washington and Lee University in Virginia was allegedly asked to leave her university gym, according to Total Sorority Move. Why? Because her shirt was apparently cut too low in the back. 

Danielle was working out at her university gym when she was approached by a female employee who told her that the shirt she was wearing was too revealing. She shared her experience online, in a screenshot via Total Sorority Move:

Total Sorority Move/Daily Mail

Of the incident, she told Total Sorority Move: "As I left the gym, I had to fight back tears. As I was leaving the gym I bumped into a boy headed there who is known for his revealing tank tops. I wondered if he would be kicked out like I had been."

Although she has not spoken with the gym about the incident, she has spoken with other classmates who say they have experienced something similar. However, Washington and Lee told Daily Mail that their policies have been active for years, but they understand there is some confusion surrounding their policy. Furthermore, they told Daily Mail that their policies are in place for health reasons, actually, and "We want to assure the W&L community that the policy applies equally to men and women, and is in place for health and safety reasons, including, but not limited to, preventing skin infections, and to preserve the long-term life of the equipment."

As for the ~scandalous~ shirt? Here it is:

Total Sorority Move/Daily Mail

πŸ˜’ πŸ˜’ πŸ˜’ πŸ˜’ πŸ˜’ πŸ˜’ πŸ˜’ πŸ˜’

Lead Image Credit: Total Sorority Move // Daily Mail