This High School Senior Had the Best Response To Her Boyfriend Cheating

By Fresh U Editors - Sep 16 2016

Last January, Isabelle Rivas – a high school senior in Clovis, CA – tweeted about buying her then-boyfriend an Xbox.

Months later, however, Isabelle discovered her now ex-boyfriend had cheated on her and she crafted the perfect follow-up to her original tweet. 

The tweet has now been retweeted over 29,000 times and the responses have been filled with everything from support to advice to get money back for the Xbox.

Isabelle told Fresh U through direct message that the pair had started dating last September and she bought him the Xbox about five months into their relationship. Now that she's single, she has advice for those who find themselves in similar situations:

"Cheaters are horrible people and it made me realize my worth, to never let anyone treat me like that. My advice to girls in relationships, the very first time he calls you any type of disrespectful name, LEAVE before you're too attached. You will be so much better without them. I'm happier than I've ever been. You're worth more than to be cheated on. Every girl needs to be treated like the princess she is."

Good for Isabelle for staying strong in a tough situation and knowing her worth. 

Lead Image Credit: Twitter