This Entire Senior Class Will Be Attending College in The Fall

By Fresh U Editors - May 08 2016

For the seventh year in a row, the Urban Prep Charter Academy for Young Men will be sending 100 percent of its graduates off to college in the fall, according to CBS Chicago

Tim King, the founder and CEO of Urban Prep, told CBS that the students received more than 1500 college admissions and $15 million in scholarships and grants.

"We’ve got two guys going to my alma mater, Georgetown University, we have our first admit to Yale University this year. We have students who’ve been admitted to University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Morehouse College, schools all over the country. It’s a huge level of diversity in terms of the types of schools these young men will be going to in the fall," King told CBS.

Tyree George, one of the seniors who graduated from Urban Prep, will be attending Hampton University in the fall to major in Veterinarian Medicine. Of his high school, he told CBS: "We love telling the world where we’re going in life. We share our brotherhood."

King told CBS that Urban Prep was founded 10 years ago with the goal of, "moving the needle when it comes to black male achievement," and that, “Every year, I’m just wowed by these young men by what they are doing.”

Congratulations to the young men of Urban Prep on their college acceptances, and here's to the continuing success of Urban Prep Charter. 

Lead Image Credit: CBS Chicago, Lisa Fielding

Want more from Fresh U? Like us on Facebook!