Display disney snapchat

This California High School Student is a Master Snapchat Artist

By Fresh U Editors - Jun 05 2017

Ivan Kao, a junior at San Leandro High School in California, has a unique talent.

This high school student recreates scenes from Disney movies on Snapchat, and the results are seriously stunning.

In November, Fresh U covered Ivan’s viral video, which was retweeted over 150,000 times, and we circled back with the artist after seeing his most recent creation — High School Musical.

The video, which has been retweeted over 400 times took Ivan more than five hours to make, and is one of a few videos he has made since his initial Disney tweet. He has done animations of more Disney stories, including Alice in Wonderland, Lion King, Mulan, Moana, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid and Sleeping Beauty. 

"Each one has its own specialty and new addition to it," Ivan told Fresh U. "I just make new ones whenever I'm on Snapchat and I play around with the filters and see one that sparks up an idea."

Since his viral tweet in December, Ivan says he has occasionally been recognized as the “Disney Snapchat Guy” at his school and larger events, including a convention for Key Club, a community service organization he is a part of, with thousands of other teens from California, Nevada and Hawaii. 

As for what's next, Ivan says he plans to do more drawings in the future, but it's dependent on what Snapchat filters come out. And the high school junior already has his sights set on an art program in college — hopefully at San Jose State University. 

"San Jose State University has a great animation program, which is one of the main reasons why I wish to attend it so badly," Ivan told Fresh U. 

One thing is for sure — regardless of what college he attends, Ivan has a bright future in this creative field. Make sure to follow him on Twitter for more of his unique creations!

Lead Image Credit: @Ivanmoomoo via Twitter