The College Student's Comprehensive Guide to Activism

By Fresh U Editors - Feb 13 2017

Everyone tells students to make sure to get involved in college. Each university's campus has numerous opportunities for passionate students to get involved with causes they care about. In fact, student activism is on the rise now more than ever. Angus Johnson, a history professor at the City University of New York told The Atlantic:

“The campus environment right now has, for the past couple of years, reminded me a lot of the early- to mid-60s moment, where there was a lot of stuff happening, a lot of energy — but also a tremendous amount of disillusionment and frustration with the way that things were going in the country as a whole and on the campuses themselves.” 

In this increasingly contentious political climate, there is perhaps no better time for college students to become active on issues that matter. So regardless of which side of the aisle you sit on, Fresh U has your comprehensive guide to pursuing an important cause that you care about. You can click the links below to access these eight different guides.

Black Lives Matter

Climate Change

Disability Rights

Freedom of Speech

Gun Control

LGBTQ+ Rights

Mental Health

Sexual Assault Prevention

The future starts with us. 

Lead Image Credit: Maya Ungar