Display library la trobe study students 159775

The 10 Best Colleges Without Application Fees

By Fresh U Editors - Nov 24 2016

When applying to colleges, application fees can pile up. Here are the 10 best colleges to apply to that don't have application fees. 

1. Carleton College

Carleton is a not-for-profit, private college located in Northfield, Minnesota. They get an A+ in academics, diversity and value on Niche.com

2. Colby College

Located in Waterville, Maine, Colby College is a private, not-for-profit college that Niche ranks A+ in academics and A in value and diversity. 

3. Grinnell College

Another private, not-for-profit school (are we sensing a trend, here?), Grinnell College is located in Grinnell, Iowa. Niche gives them two A+ in academics and diversity and an A in value. 

4. Reed College

Located in Portland, Oregon, Reed ranks A+ in academics and diversity with an A in value, and (you guessed it) they're a private, not-for-profit school.

5. Smith College

Smith college is located in Northampton, Massachusetts and is a private, not-for-profit college. Niche ranks them A+ in academics and diversity and A in value and campus. 

6. Wellesley College

Also located in Massachusetts, Wellesley College is (also) a private, not-for-profit school. Niche ranks them A+ in academics and diversity, A in value and A- in campus.

7. Tulane University

Located in New Orleans, Louisiana, Tulane University is (yes) a private, not-for-profit school and Niche gives them all A's. They received A+ in academics and party scene; A in value, campus and athletics; and A- in diversity.

8. Case Western Reserve University

Case Western Reserve University is a private, not-for-profit university and a NCAA Division III school. Located in Cleveland, Ohio, Niche gave Case Western A+ in academics, diversity and value.

9. Oberlin College

Located in Oberlin, Ohio, Oberlin College is a private, not-for-profit university that ranks A+ in academics and A in diversity. 

10. Trinity University — Texas

Trinity University is a private, not-for-profit, Presbyterian university located in San Antonio, Texas. Niche ranks them A+ in academics and A in value and diversity.

Sometimes application fees can be a pain, so what are you losing by applying to a few schools that don't have a fee? Give some of these places a try and check out the full list of schools to see which one might fit you best!