'Raped at Spelman' Twitter Account Tells A Heartbreaking Story Of Sexual Assault And Its Aftermath

By Fresh U Editors - May 03 2016

A heartbreaking twitter account with the name 'Raped at Spelman' tells a harrowing story of sexual assault that is all too familiar on college campuses. 

The anonymous account describes a horrific assault and the aftermath, alleging that the Dean and public safety victim-blamed a month after the rape was reported. Sadly, the anonymous student will not be returning to Spelman because, "I don't want to be at a school that does not make me feel safe and wants to silence me."

Fresh U reached out to Spelman and Morehouse college for comment. We received the following statement from the Spelman College Office of Communications saying that the following quote is from Spelman College President Dr. Mary Schmidt Campbell:

“Our hearts go out to this student and I want to personally offer her our full support and assistance. We are a family at Spelman and we will not tolerate any episode of sexual violence. No student should ever have to suffer and endure the experience she has recounted on social media. Spelman is conducting a full and thorough review of these events.” 

Read the entire incredibly important story below: