How to Actually Move to Canada

By Fresh U Editors - Mar 02 2016

If you're uncomfortable with the idea of a racist being the next president of the United States, the results of Super Tuesday are extremely terrifying.  (Note: There are too many examples of Trump being racist to hyperlink just one example. If you really need some context, scroll down to the bottom of any Huffington Post article about Trump and read their editor's note. Watch this episode of John Oliver. Pay attention to what's been happening in the news since last summer.) This live updating article over at the NY Times shows that Trump has won the majority of the Super Tuesday states, and this momentum will likely lead him to be the Republican nominee for president. 

Now, of course, this doesn't mean Donald Trump will be the next president of the US. But most of us didn't think he'd make it this far in the first place, and here we are asking ourselves after every single primary: How??

So if you'd be more than unhappy with Donald Trump as president and in light of the fact that he can't seem to be stopped, here's what you need to know about moving to Canada – you're not the only one that's thinking about it. 

By Kim Newberg [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons

Currently, these are the different ways you can immigrate to Canada:

cic.gc.ca

And you can also apply online for these specific pathways:

cic.gc.ca

They have a step-by-step guide on their website where you can determine your eligibility, depending on what you're applying for. There's also this great tool where you can see how long it would take to process your application, depending on what you're applying for. 

cic.gc.ca

You can create an account online and after you've applied you can check your account periodically to see the status of your application. Canada really has it together. 

cic.gc.ca

Hopefully the worst-case scenario of Donald Trump in the White House come 2017 doesn't come to pass. But just in case, you might want to bookmark this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/index.asp

Lead Image Credit: YouTube, CBS