Display unknown

A Syracuse Senior Had a 'Memerry' Christmas This Year

By Fresh U Editors - Dec 26 2016

College students tend to get a bit thrifty around the holidays considering general student debt and lack of shopping time. That said, it doesn't take a ton of money to make a gift that your friends or family members can remember forever.

Memes took over the Internet a few years ago, and since then, they've been an important part of pop culture, and this year, the holidays. After all, memes are cost effective and are abundant on any social media platform.

Lauren Sullivan, a senior at Syracuse, received a surprise under the tree this year: wrapped memes from her sister. Fresh U reached out to Sullivan via Twitter direct message:

I thought the gift was funny and very typical of my sister. She loves memes and is always tagging my brother, me and her friends in them. And, she also is always trying to find weird and funny things to give us as gifts. My friends thought it was hilarious, and even my parents, who usually don't find that kind of stuff funny. 

Even though gifting on a college budget isn't easy, getting some laughs around the tree is always possible for us college students. 

Lead Image Credit: Lauren Sullivan via Twitter