A High School Yearbook Misnamed This Student 'Isis'

By Fresh U Editors - May 08 2016

Los Osos High School in California is at the center of outrage after printing an 11th grader's name as "Isis" in the school yearbook. 

The student also posted the photo to Facebook, according to KABC, with the caption: "I am extremely saddened, disgusted, hurt and embarrassed that the Los Osos High School yearbook was able to get away with this. Apparently I am 'Isis' in the yearbook. The school reached out to me and had the audacity to say that this was a typo. I beg to differ, let's be real."

Twitter was quick to denounce the high school's "mistake":

The high school yearbook released a statement on Twitter apologizing for the mistake, as did the high school principal:

According to KABC, the school district released the following statement: "We are investigating to figure how this happened and we are certainly sensitive to the young lady. We have been in contact with the family and will continue to work with them to determine how this could happen and how we can remedy the situation."

The family of the student has not yet made an official statement, aside from the original social media posts. 

Lead Image Credit: Twitter