Display tumblr ojef7klcvd1w2vaito1 1280

9 Items to Get Before Joining A Sorority

By Fresh U Editors - Jan 16 2017

If you plan on joining a sorority or have just joined one, you're probably thinking about all the stuff that you need to buy in order to be your best self. Whether this means a new pack of hair ties or new shoes, make sure you have everything to keep looking your best!

1. These traceless hair ties.

Amazon

Believe it or not, there are hair ties that won't create hair bumps when you take them out! Look no further. These hair ties are meant to leave you feeling better about your hair by preventing the bumps that usually occur after taking your hair tie out. Definitely revolutionary. 

2. This super thin portable charger.

Amazon

Let's face it, you're going to be doing a lot of texting. Probably. And surfing the web. Probably. So why not make sure you have battery life to last a lifetime? This portable charger is not only perfectly wallet sized, it's perfectly cute too. 

3. Wooden letters for your paddle.

Amazon

If you're just joining a sorority, you're going to have to make a paddle or plaque for your big. To make it a little easier, Letters Yard provides all the letters you need at low costs. In most cases, it's required to get letters for the paddle. Don't forget to pick these up!

4. Chapstick.

Amazon

If you think you don't need it, you're wrong. There are some that are better than others. If you're talking to a ton of people, Chapstick will become your best friend. Don't forget this. Seriously. 

5. You'll also need paintbrushes.

Amazon

Being in a sorority implies that you'll be doing things like hanging out with friends, going to parties, participating in philanthropy events, attending bonding events, studying together — the list goes on and on. What they don't tell you about is the huge amount of crafting you'll be doing. Make sure to grab these paintbrushes before you realize it's too late and you're stuck finger painting!

6. This super cute tapestry.

Amazon

Wonder how sorority girls look so cute? It's not their outfits. Nope, it's definitely the tapestries behind them. Even if you aren't joining a sorority, these things are super cool. 

7. You'll also need makeup remover.

Amazon

If you plan on participating in recruitment, or joining a sorority, or going to a formal, or doing anything of that matter where you will be wearing makeup, you'll need makeup remover. Neutrogena makeup remover is probably the best out there, as it's pretty known for getting out the bad stuff while keeping you refreshed to tackle the next formal, rush event, interview, etc. that you have. 

8. These fuzzy socks.

Amazon

Do I really need to explain this one? Nothing will beat fuzzy socks after a long day, no matter who you are. These will do the trick. 

9. These face masks.

Amazon

After a long day of either recruiting or being recruited, laying down with a face mask to relieve your pores and your anxiety will do the trick. These face masks not only come in different food and drink scents (red wine, avocado, lemon, etc.), they also have different jobs! Some are revitalizing, some are moisturizing, some focus on nutrition and others on cleaning your pores. Clearly the best of both worlds.

Whether you are out there recruiting or being recruited, or doing something entirely different, these are the essentials to surviving the moments that you may have not anticipated in joining a sorority. Happy recruiting!

Lead Image Credit: Gamma Phi Beta at University of Rochester

Editor's Note: As part of Amazon's affiliate program, Fresh U may receive a small percentage of sales resulting from this post.