Display y0fa1dekoks samuel zeller

8 Necessities for Long Nights at the Library

By Fresh U Editors - Feb 17 2017

Sometimes we overestimate our procrastination skills. We think that with all of the years of education under our belt we know how to balance homework, a job, social life and more. However, this isn't always the case. It can be scary to realize that it's Sunday night and you still have two essays, a project, a take-home test and study guides to complete. For those nights when you feel like you may as well just camp out in the library, here are a few necessities to remember.

1. A Comfy Blanket

Libraries can get chilly, but it's always just nice to have something to snuggle up to and make you feel safe when you're unsure in your life. Try this super soft one.

Amazon

2. A Pillow

While people may think it's weird that you're setting up shop in the library, you may as well go all out! Better yet, add a new friend to the mix. Having a Pillow Pet will make sure you never feel alone, as well as preventing you from sleeping with your head on a hard table. 

Amazon

3. Something to Drink Out of

Whether you prefer coffee or tea, you need something to drink it out of. Do your part to save the environment and ditch the disposable cups and instead opt for something reusable. This design is sleek so you can trick people into thinking that maybe you are a little more put-together than you may appear.

Amazon

4. Good Quality Headphones

The last thing you want to deal with during a long night in the library is someone who feels the need to make a midnight phone call. Cancel out their distractions with ease, or just crank up your favorite studying playlist.

Amazon

5. A Way to Hydrate

With all of your stress visibly and mentally piling up, it can be hard to remember to take care of yourself. Hydrating is one of the most important things to remember to do when having a studying marathon, so allow yourself a larger vessel in order to reduce trips to the water fountain.

Amazon

6. Fuzzy Socks

Nothing beats stress like getting into a comfy outfit, but maybe wearing what you wore to bed last night isn't gonna cut it for today's library escapade. Fear not, because simply donning come fluffy socks can give you that bedtime relaxed feel without giving away the fact that you've lost all sense of caring what people think about your appearance.

Amazon

7. Your Favorite Brain Food

While it may be tempting to order a pizza to the library, think about how much eating that whole pizza will weigh you down. You're already staying up late — so your body probably isn't the happiest with you — and you need to nourish yourself. Opt for something a little on the healthier side; you'll feel the benefits later. 

Amazon

8. Somewhere to Sleep

Sometimes just one all-nighter doesn't cut it. If you know that you're going to continue to put off your responsibilities, you may as well just take up residence in the library. Be sure to ask the librarian if he/she needs you to pay rent, though.

Amazon

While slaving away in the library isn't the ideal way to spend a night, you can make it just a little bit more bearable by preparing for it beforehand and having all the necessities. Happy studying!

Lead Image Credit: Samuel Zeller via Unsplash

Editor's note: As part of Amazon's Affiliate program, Fresh U may receive a small percentage of sales resulting from this article.