8 Items to Keep in Your Pencil Bag

By Fresh U Editors - Feb 26 2017

Pencil bags are an essential for college students, because they allow you to carry around any writing supplies you may need in one organized pouch. Here are some essentials that you should definitely keep in your pencil bag.

1. Pencils and Pens

This one’s a bit obvious, but make sure you have something to write with at all times. Keep both pencils and pens in case you need something erasable.

2. Highlighters

Highlighting your readings is a great way to keep track of important information without taking excess notes. Pick up a few different colors to make a note-taking code for yourself.

3. Scissors

You never know when you’ll need to cut a paper in half or cut off a clothing tag that you forgot to remove, so make sure to stash a small pair of scissors in your pencil pouch.

4. Tape

Keep a roll of Scotch Tape on hand if you ever rip something throughout the day and need to fix it quickly.

5. Wite-Out

hintofxelation via Flickr Creative Commons

Sometimes you make a mistake writing in pen. While not ideal for official forms, Wite-Out is a good way to quickly fix small mistakes.

6. A Stapler

If you ever forget to staple a paper before handing it in, keeping a stapler on hand is a good way to avoid any problems that may arise.

7. Coloring Supplies

We may be in college, not kindergarten, but there can still be times when you need to add color to a drawing or a project. Have your choice of coloring supplies on hand in case you need them.

8. Paper Clips

If you ever need to fasten papers temporarily, paper clips are a great way to do so.

Keep these items in mind the next time you’re assembling a pencil pouch. Make sure that yours is well-stocked for all potential occasions.