Display romantic sun drink date

7 Cute Date Ideas Involving Food

By Fresh U Editors - Feb 13 2017

Coming up with ideas for dates can be tricky, especially if you don’t know your date very well yet. One thing is certain, however: everyone loves food, which makes it a great place to start when planning. Here are 7 ideas for dates that you can go on which involve food.

1. Make dinner exclusively from microwavable foods.

alexunderwood910 via Flickr Creative Commons

Pick up a variety of foods that can be made in a college kitchenette and make you and your date a meal from it. Who says that you have to give up cooking meals just because you don’t have a full kitchen?

2. Have a picnic.

Food is immediately made nicer when it’s brought outside. Gather some food that’s easily portable and head to a pretty location on campus.

3. Make individual pizzas.

If you have access to a full kitchen, make personal pizzas with your date. Cooking is a great way to bond with someone and you’re guaranteed to end up with a delicious product.

4. Have a meal made entirely of desserts.

Don’t feel like eating actual food? No problem. Concoct a meal made of different desserts: ice cream, cookies, etc.

5. Go apple picking.

Kevin Keefer via Flickr Creative Commons

Or berry picking, or any other kind of fruit picking. Obviously this is only possible when the weather’s warm, but once the sun starts to shine again, this is a great way to get out into nature and enjoy some quality food.

6. Go to a farmer’s market.

JennyWal via Flickr Creative Commons

Again, this one won’t be applicable until spring comes around, but it’s a creative date idea that involves both being outdoors and buying some really good-quality produce. Bonus points if you and your date eat said produce afterwards.

7. Cook across the map.

This one’s a great setup for future dates. Pick a country and cook food from that country’s cuisine. If the date goes well, you can turn it into a regular affair.

Dates can be nerve-wracking, but with some creative ideas, you’re guaranteed to have a good time. And having food on hand definitely helps.