5 Dorm-Friendly Workout Supplies

By Fresh U Editors - Jan 04 2017

With a new year comes New Year's resolutions. For many college students, these include goals to be healthier. Part of being healthier is keeping up a good workout routine. Sometimes working out isn't just for the gym and can be super beneficial in your own dorm room. Here are some supplies to help get you started.

1. Yoga Mat

Amazon

Yoga mats aren't just for yoga (though that's a great use for them). They can be very helpful when trying to stretch it out before a campus run or aerobics workout in front of your TV. They keep you from slipping and they also provide some warmth and padding from your cold dorm room floor. Try out this one that even comes with a strap in case you want to easily take it somewhere else.

2. Weights

Amazon

Adding weights to any workout routine will up the work significantly. This weight kit comes with three different sizes — 2 lb, 3 lb and 5 lb — and a stand to put them in. 

3. Resistance Bands

Amazon

Resistance bands have many uses. They're great to build your strength in certain muscles and joints and, because of this, they're also great in working out kinks in your joints that you may have from strain or injury. This set comes with four different levels of resistance, plus a bag for storage! 

4. Jump Rope

Amazon

Channel your inner five-year-old and play some jump rope! Clear out some room in your dorm and just do some jumping. This is a great way to get your heart rate up — especially if you're preparing for another intensive workout. This jump rope is sleek and durable. 

5. Richard Simmons — "Sweatin' to the Oldies"

Amazon

If you're looking for a fun, stay-at-home workout, Richard Simmons is the guy for you. Check out his popular "Sweatin' to the Oldies" DVD for some good, dancin' fun!

Fresh U is here to help you achieve your New Year's Resolutions one-by-one. Stay happy and healthy!

Lead Image Credit: Dom J via Pexels

Editor's Note: As part of Amazon's affiliate program, Fresh U may receive a small percentage of sales resulting from this post.