1. You have to go out of your way to avoid the past (AKA high school)
2. But sometimes you still run into forgotten enemies.
3. Even if you were on good terms, there's still the awkward "Hey, how is college???" conversation in Target.
4. Really, this is an immense struggle.
5. You have to interact with family, which means some differing view points...
6. Very different view points.
7. You're probably disillusioned by the whole idea of a "family dinner" at this point.
8. And of course with political disagreements, there are awkward questions as well.
9. You also realize that Thanksgiving break didn't turn out to be much of a break.
11. Like, you actually have so much work to do before class on Monday.
12. But you also realize you're maybe not as "adult" as you thought.
But at the end of the day, even with all the awkward high school run-ins, family questions, and lack of adulting, there really is no place like home.
That is, until we're home from school a whole month during winter break...