Display tim gouw 68319

The 11 Stages of Second Semester

By Fresh U Editors - Feb 28 2017

With second semester well underway, we're all painfully aware of the various joys and challenges it brings. Here are just 11 stages of the spring semester to help motivate you through until the end of the year.

1. "I'm going to be productive this semester!"

This semester, everything's going to change. You're going to do all of your homework in advance, stay on top of laundry and apply to at least five internships on time.

2. "How do I have this much work already?"

You've only been back at school for two weeks. How do you already have three papers, four projects and an exam?

3. "I should probably start applying for internships."

Summer will  be here before you know it, and with that comes summer plans, whether that be jobs, internships or volunteering. You should probably start working on that...

4. "Why is it so cold?"

If you go to college in an area with actual seasons, it's likely freezing: there's snow all over the ground, there's more snow coming tonight and you can't leave your dorm without your face hurting.

5."MIDTERMS."

Suddenly midterms are upon you and you don't even know where they came from. How are you supposed to do all of this studying while still doing all your other homework?

6. "I can't wait to go home for spring break!"

You finally get a week off to relax, sleep and eat actual food...and do all of the homework you have due as soon as you get back.

7. "Only half a semester to go. I can do this!"

Once you get back from spring break, you try to console yourself with the fact that there aren't too many more weeks to go before the end of the year.

8. "I forgot what warm weather felt like."

When spring finally arrives it can be a complete shock after spending months in a frigid, icy climate. What are shorts again?

9. "I can pull up my grades before finals!"

As finals approach, you manage to convince yourself that you can totally pull up your grades to something passably decent, even if that's in no way going to be possible.

10. "FINALS."

Death has arrived. Your bloodstream is 99.7% caffeine. What is sleep. What is sunlight.

11. "Finally out of here!"

When the year comes to an end, you're ready to pack up your room and head home. No more studying for at least three months! (Unless you're taking summer classes.)

Second semester can be a whirlwind of an experience, but if you buckle down and manage your time wisely, you're guaranteed to get through it alive. Good luck!

Lead Image Credit: Tim Gouw via Unsplash