Display city cityscape amarpreet kaur large

The 10 Best Universities to Transfer to in Canada

By Fresh U Editors - Nov 07 2016

With this year's candidates for the Presidential Election — Hillary R. Clinton and Donald J. Trump — showing less than favorable favorability ratings, many Americans have threatened to move to Canada if their chosen candidate doesn't win the presidency. 

Regardless if their statements are held true or not, with the election being only one day away, Fresh U wanted to provide a little bit of support to the college students who may be looking to transfer schools (and countries) after the result comes rolling in. According to the U.S. News & World Report, here are the top 10 universities in Canada.

1. University of Toronto 

With thousands of foreign students from more than 160 countries, you'll fit in very well at the University of Toronto

2. University of British Columbia

Between its two campuses, the University of British Columbia's international student population totals at about 36%.  

3. McGill University

McGill University is very diverse. With about 1/4 of its population consisting of students from over 150 countries, this might just be the place for you. If you're a lover of French, this is also the perfect fit — 20 percent of the students here say that French is their native language. 

4. McMaster University

McMaster hosts professors from over 55 different countries and students from over 75 different countries. Sadly, tuition costs are more expensive for those that come from outside of Canada (sigh).

5. University of Alberta

Probably one of the coolest universities in all of Canada, the University of Alberta has five different campuses and over 20% of its student population are international. 

6. University of Montreal

If you're fluent in French, the University of Montreal is for you. Located in one of the most populous metropolitan regions in Canada, all classes here are taught in French, except for a few at the graduate level. 

7. University of Calgary

With the University of Calgary's total number of students falling close to 28,000, about 5,000 are international. 

8. University of Ottawa

The University of Ottawa ranks #221 in U.S. News & World Report's Best Global Universities list.

9. University of Waterloo

Out of the University of Waterloo's some 32,000 students, almost 5,000 of them are international, and a little under half of the professors are also from different countries.

10. University of Victoria

Located in British Columbia, the University of Victoria houses a little over 2,000 international students.

Do these schools live up to your expectations? Will you be moving to Canada after Tuesday's election? Let us know @FreshUOnline.