by Emma Lamperti

10 Things You Can Do When You Can't Be Bothered to do Actual Work

By Emma Lamperti - Jan 18 2017

There comes a time when you have studied for so long or worked on a paper for too many hours and you just need to give your mind a break (or you just really don’t feel like doing any work) but you don’t know exactly WHAT you want to do, so here is a list of things I do when I can’t be bothered to do any work.

1. Netlfix

Might as well get the obvious out of the way. Some of my personal favorites are: The Office, Parks and Recreation, The Walking Dead and New Girl.

2. Youtube

Another pretty obvious one, but Youtube is a great way to laugh and chill out after a stressful day (or just pass the time when you are bored). Some of my favorite Youtubers are: Cody Ko, Dan Howell, Grav3yard Girl and I also kinda love watching Buzzfeed videos.

3. Read

The last thing you probably want to do when you can’t be bothered to do work is read, but reading for pleasure can actually be super fun and relaxing.

4. Journal

Journaling is a great way to be creative while also letting out the stress of your day, week or even month. You can write about what happened to you that day, doodle, make lists or even write poems and short stories.

5. Music

Whether you are just listening to music or creating your own playlist, music is a great way to not do work. I love to throw on one of my Spotify playlists and jam while writing in my journal or surfing the web.

6. Clean/Organize

My roommate and I always find ourselves cleaning and organizing our room at midnight because we don’t know what to do or we are avoiding doing work. It’s a great way to be productive and get stuff done while also not doing any actual work (plus if you’re like us, it’s fun!)

7. Dance

Dance parties are another great way to not do work while also having fun, so throw on some old jams like High School Musical and Hillary Duff and dance around your room with your roommate like no one is watching.

8. Explore

Take a day to find something cool and interesting to do on campus or around the area so when you are bored, or avoiding work, you can gather a group of friends and go have some fun.

9. Board Games

Another thing that my friends and I do when we have been working too much and need to relax, or just don’t feel like writing papers, is to order some Chinese food and play games like Cards Against Humanity and Name 5. We have so much fun and have made some great memories and inside jokes from playing these games.

10. Friends

Inviting some friends over and just hanging out is probably one of the best ways to avoid being and bored and avoid doing work. You’ll make great memories and have a great time!

Getting work done and being productive in college is super important, but you also need to make sure you give your brain a rest and take some time for yourself. Balance is one of the keys to success so make sure you jam to music and journal while also making sure to get real work done when it needs to be done!

Emma Lamperti -

Emma is currently studying English and Elementary Education at The College of New Jersey. She loves listening to music and writing, either separately or together, and hope to write some interesting articles that help other struggling college students make it to graduation! Instagram & Twitter: @em_lamps