Display 5097629627 ce17f578fd b
by Emily Perry

Top 10 Coolest Majors

By Emily Perry - Oct 22 2015

1. Surf Science and Technology Cornwall College (UK)

Students take classes on the culture of surf, physical and geographical influence on serving, and many business classes. This prepares students for careers as surf instructors and other business ventures related to surfing.

2.bp.blogspot.com

2. Adventure Education - Plymouth State University

Rock climbing, canoe paddling, and wilderness expedition courses prepare students for careers as park rangers and other outdoor-related professional work.

plymouth.edu

3. Cannabis Cultivation - Oaksterdam University

Classes here include the history, politics and business of cannabis as well as many seminars on the current methods of cannabis intake. The major, however, is quite controversial and even prompted DEA, IRS, and US Marshall agents to show up at the college.

oaksterdamuniversity.com

4.Poultry Science - Texas A&M

Students take general agriculture science classes, just with an added focus. This major, as one would guess, prepares students for careers in raising chicken, turkey, and other forms of poultry.

tamu.edu

5. Nannying - Sullivan University

Students study child development training, infant care techniques, etiquette and manners, and how to prepare nutritious meals and snacks. You guessed it: those who graduate from the program go on to serve as nannies or work in the childcare industry. 

page.sullivan.edu

6. Canadian Studies Duke University

wikipedia.com

Example courses include Canadian History, Canadian Culture, and Canadian Literature. After graduation, many students find jobs in museums or as teachers.

7. Puppet Arts University of Connecticut

UConn

Students in this program master puppet production, voice techniques, scene design and much more in order to work in television puppetry, theatre performance, and children's programs. 

8. Beatles, Popular Music and Society - Liverpool Hope University (UK)

rebloggy.com

Do you want to be a Beatles historian or a popular music specialist? Liverpool Hope University is the place to be! Take classes in "Understanding Popular Music," and "The Beatles and Topics in History" to get a feel for this awesome major! 

9. Turfgrass Science - Penn State

Hey, someone's gotta learn how to maintain turf. Penn State allows students to take classes in Ornamental Weed Control, Turfgrass Nutrition, and Turfgrass pesticides!

plantscience.psu.edu

10. Bowling Industry Management & Technology - Vincennes University

northofboston.org

Classes here mainly focus around business of the bowling industry as well as first aid, and bowling lane management.

Lead Image Credit: Flickr.com/Surfing Dunedin

Emily Perry - Rhodes College

Emily is a Russian Studies major at Rhodes College in Memphis, TN. She loves film, literature, and the US National Park Service. Emily has been writing for Fresh U since June of 2014 and has served as both a web editor and a social media editor. Outside of Fresh U, she volunteers with the YMCA Center for Civic Engagement and is involved with her sorority, Alpha Omicron Pi.