Display disneyprincesses
by Emily Perry

If Disney Princesses Were College Students

By Emily Perry - Dec 23 2015

Snow White

Our precious Snow White is that person who moves into a dorm halfway through the semester, seeming to disrupt an already tight knit group of seven other people who've lived together forever. Snow White, however, fits in extremely well and emerges as their leader, which looks quite odd from the outside. She's clean cut and shy, but is also really gullible!

Snow White is majoring in organizational psychology and will probably own a small business in her small home town when they graduate. 

Cinderella is the person on campus whose room is spotless and who always has their laundry done. Cinderella doesn't go out often, but when she does, she goes all out to make sure and make a statement. Cinderella is also that person posting on the class of 2019 Facebook group Sunday morning asking if anyone found their phone. 

Cinderella isn't exactly sure what she wants to do after college, but she's a literature major because she loves reading anything she can get her hands on! 

Aurora is the one we all know that sleeps through class, sleeps through Friday night festivities, and is still tired when they wake up. You joke about them being "sleeping beauty" because the label fits so perfectly! They, however, seem to have passing grades despite never hearing a word the professor says. This is probably because Aurora is by no means a slacker and will fight their way to good grades and adequate sleep. Aurora is preppy and loves to interact with people, probably a symptom of their curiosity.

Aurora is the metaphysics major who still takes classes in every discipline because she loves to learn!

Ariel is the international student that doesn't quite have their footing just right yet. Don't get me wrong, she's doing super well being in a new culture and new environment, but American idioms haven't quite made their way into their vocabulary. You're taking Ariel home with you for Thanksgiving because they have nowhere else to go for this American holiday. When the turkey came out of the oven, the inevitable question came across her lips about Americans eating too much. 

Ariel is a Political Science major and knows so many languages, you can't even list them all!

Belle is, of course, the one who brought extra books to college. The one that does all the reading for class and still finds time to read for fun. Belle is earthy, too. She, however, spent too much time inside the library, and you question how long it's been since she saw the light of day. Belle and Cinderella get along really well and they met in the library.

Belle is a library science major.

Jasmine is strong and independent. Not afraid to speak up in class, sometimes you wonder if they know how to keep their opinions to themselves. Jasmine is also super involved in campus, making sure that her opinions and beliefs are well known. She''ll be the first one to organize a carpool to the nearest rally. Jasmine is a fixture on campus, but easy to get along with and get to know! Her style is eclectic, taking inspiration from wherever she can find it.

Jasmine is an Urban Studies major, without a doubt!

Pocahontas is super earthy and well educated. You wonder how she knows all she does being from such a small town in the middle of nowhere. They are well read, well groomed, and yet retain their own style and their own self. She's also generous, being the first to offer when you need anything. 

She's an undecided major because she is fascinated with every subject and ever class offered. 

Mulan is that kid who takes the PE Kickboxing credit every semester because she likes it, and that kid who is always in the weight room. She's awesome, loyal, kind, caring, and a thousand other things, but it's odd to see her without workout clothes on. 

Mulan is majoring in exercise science!

Tiana is the one that is always in the community kitchen, but no one complains because it makes the building smell WONDERFUL. Tiana puts the dining hall's food to shame, and you'll do anything to get a taste of it. Tiana, though, is modest and is also generous, which works in your favor more times than not. 

Tiana always has a smudge of flour on her head and is part of the college's new culinary school that you didn't know existed. 

To say Rapunzel's hair is fabulous is an understatement, but that's obvious. Rapunzel is trying to figure out what she wants in life, and often feels trapped by expectations and indecisiveness. Rapunzel, however, makes the best of everything and will always be grateful for help given. Don't be fooled by her tough exterior and resting mean face, because her personality will light up your world!

Rapunzel wants to be a Veterinarian to be able to help the helpless, because that's just who she is. 

Merida is the badass. She is 100% herself despite what the normal campus environment would have her be. Merida is confident, composed, and sure of herself. However, she seems to get into trouble a lot because she isn't afraid to say exactly what she thinks and do exactly what she thinks is right. 

There's a rumor going around campus that Merida keeps a pet in the dorm, and, judging from what you know, that is completely plausible. Merida is a theology major because she loves learning about philosophy and religious thought. 

Elsa & Anna

Elsa and Anna are the siblings on campus who seem to be together more than they are apart. Although they claim to not get along, deep down, they love going to the same college, and they love spending time with each other. Make no mistake, They will make each other mad and have a fight that the whole social circle knows about, but don't all siblings?

Some days, their sibling-hood gets creepy and they accidentally wear the same shirt from back home. It's also a little weird that they're both Environmental Science majors. 

Emily Perry - Rhodes College

Emily is a Russian Studies major at Rhodes College in Memphis, TN. She loves film, literature, and the US National Park Service. Emily has been writing for Fresh U since June of 2014 and has served as both a web editor and a social media editor. Outside of Fresh U, she volunteers with the YMCA Center for Civic Engagement and is involved with her sorority, Alpha Omicron Pi.