Display anotherhappyending
by Emily Perry

10 Cheesy and Hilarious RomCom's You Should Probably Watch on V-Day

By Emily Perry - Feb 09 2016

So Valentine's Day is nearing, and many of us are going to be alone on this wonderful night of love. Never fear, though, because there will always be RomCom's that you can eat chocolate to and laugh at

1. 13 Going on 30

Sony Pictures

Run Time: 97 Minutes

Director: Gary Winick

Starring: Jennifer Garner, Mark Ruffalo, Judy Greer, Andy Serkis and Kathy Baker

This quirky film follows a 13-year-old girl who dreams of being popular. During her birthday party, she and her friends play "Seven Minutes in Heaven". When she finally comes out of the closet after the game is over, she is suddenly thirty years old and has to navigate life as well as the dating scene. 

2. A Case of You

Run Time: 89 Minutes

Director: Kat Coiro

Starring: Justin Long, Keir O'Donnell, and Evan Rachel Wood

This independent drama follows the love story of two rather odd people in New York City. It has a modern twist to it, which provides a relatable modern romance for most viewers. Flirting via the internet has never been so cute before.

3. Revenge of the Bridesmaids

Run Time: 95 minutes

Director: Jim Hayman

Starring: Raven-Symoné and Joanna García

This hilarious revenge movie will have you rolling on the floor laughing. Sure it isn't the best film, but what can you expect with a straight-to-TV movie starring Raven Symoné? 

4. I Hate Valentine's Day

Run Time: 98 minutes

Director: Nia Vardalos

Starring: Nia Vardalos, John Corbett, Judah Friedlander

"A florist, who abides by a strict five-date-limit with any man, finds herself wanting more with the new restaurateur in town." Also, this movie stars the same woman from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding," so how could it not be wonderful and hilarious!?

5. The Prince & Me

Run Time: 111 minutes

Director: Martha Coolidge

Starring: Julia Stiles, Luke Mably, and Miranda Richardson

This one is probably one of my favorite bad movies. Come on, writers, a senior in Organic Chemistry and she's supposed to be PreMed? Give me a break! Plot holes aside, this adorable RomCom will have you blubbering and also laughing at just how corny it is. 

*note: there is a sequel

6. One Small Hitch

Run Time: 105 minutes

Director: John Burgess

Starring: Shane McRae, Aubrey Dollar, and Daniel J. Travanti

On a flight home to Chicago for a family wedding, childhood friends Josh and Molly innocently agree to fake a wedding engagement to make Josh's dying father happy. Things quickly get out of hand with their two boisterous families, and a series of events causes them to pretend to be a couple and start planning a phony wedding.

So predictable, it's embarrassing, but it's such a good movie to make you feel good inside. 

7. Valentine's Day

Run Time: 125 minutes

Director: Garry Marshall

Starring: Julia Roberts, Jamie Foxx, and Anne Hathaway

THE quintessential Valentine's Day movie to make you face-palm, aww, and laugh your head off all in one movie. Sadly, this one isn't on Netflix, but it's worth the rent.

8. Grease

Run Time: 110 minutes

Director: Randal Kleiser

Starring: John Travolta, Olivia Newton-John, and Stockard Channing

Hilarious because it's good. Hilarious because it's corny. Wonderful because it's classic. I dare you to watch this movie without laughing and smiling an embarrassing amount. Also, I bet you can sing along, so go ahead and watch it already!

9. Heathers

Run Time: 103 minutes

Director: Michael Lehmann

Starring: Winona Ryder, Christian Slater, and Shannen Doherty

In all honesty, this movie is just so weird, it'll have you hooked! Complete with crime and high school cafeteria scenes, what more could you ask for in a 1980s RomCom?

10. Not Another Happy Ending

Run Time: 102 minutes

Director: John McKay

Starring: Karen Gillan, Stanley Weber, and Iain De Caestecker

"When a struggling publisher discovers his only successful author is blocked, he knows he has to unblock her or he's finished. With her newfound success, she's become too damn happy and she can't write when she's happy.The only trouble is, the worse he makes her feel, the more he realizes he's in love with her."

1. How can you not love a film with Kara Gilliam?

2. Defying stereotypes while also being stereotypical? count me in!

Lead Image Credit: Kaleidoscope Home Entertainment

Emily Perry - Rhodes College

Emily is a Russian Studies major at Rhodes College in Memphis, TN. She loves film, literature, and the US National Park Service. Emily has been writing for Fresh U since June of 2014 and has served as both a web editor and a social media editor. Outside of Fresh U, she volunteers with the YMCA Center for Civic Engagement and is involved with her sorority, Alpha Omicron Pi.