Display 3157409347 87c586b4d3 o
by Elizabeth Paul

Seven New Semester Resolutions

By Elizabeth Paul - Dec 20 2015

With the end of our first semester and a new year on the horizon, it’s time to make our resolutions for second semester.

1. Find some balance

Now that we have a semester of transition under our belt, maybe we can finally find that coveted balance between studies, sleep, social life, and exercise that people keep talking about. Okay, maybe not, but it’s worth a shot, right?

GIF Credit

2. Keep meeting new people

Even if you have found your group of friends, don’t stop meeting new people! You will never again have this kind of opportunity to meet people and make friends, so build a network.

GIF Credit

3. Join a new club

Yes, I’m talking about that club you said you would join in September at the student organization fair. Don’t let another semester pass by without joining the club that you have your eyes on. It’s also a great way to keep resolution #2.

GIF Credit

4. Be a young adult

College is a great time to learn how to be a fully-functioning adult, taxes and checks and all. Next semester, work on adult responsibilities, have a laundry schedule, and maybe cook a meal every once in awhile.

GIF Credit

5. Go to the career center

Starting early is the key to success when job-searching, so why not start next semester? Who knows, you may even land a cool summer internship. And if you're like most first-year students and don't know what career you want to pursue, they can be extremely helpful. 

GIF Credit

6. Explore your college town

I know, I know, college students are busy, but make the city or town you live in your home. You’ll be there until at least 2019, so acquaint yourself. Netflix is fun and all, but so is getting out and taking a journey around town. Use the next semester to explore some of the local places around campus.

GIF Credit

7. Make a college bucket list

Stressful workloads and final tests aside, college should be some of the best years of your life, so don’t forget to enjoy them. Laugh, make unforgettable memories, and start checking off that bucket list next semester.