Display 3
by Elaina Berkowitz

The First Month of Freshman Year as Told by The Office

By Elaina Berkowitz - Oct 06 2015

1. Expectation vs Reality: College Parties

What you expect your first college party to be like

via GIPHY

What it's actually like

via GIPHY

2. After the second day of class, you're already 100% done

When your 8 am class gets cancelled, you realize it might be the greatest moment ever.

via GIPHY

When the professor ends class early, exiting the room is basically a rave

via GIPHY

3. You're ALWAYS hungry

Sneaking food out of the dining hall to eat between classes is both an art and a skill.

via GIPHY

4. Everyone misses their pets 

Bringing a dog to campus is the equivalent of bringing pizza anywhere. If you're wondering where half of the student body is, they're most likely crowded around a dog. 

via GIPHY

5. You realize that having a study buddy is an absolute necessity

When you learn you have a friend in your class,  you know you'll team up on everything.

via GIPHY

6. You tell yourself you're going to try a new sport

They always say college is about trying new things. At some point, everyone has that moment of motivation to try out for every sport despite not knowing anything.

via GIPHY

7. You have daily mental breakdowns

College is a lot harder than high school. You end up crying at least four times a day because you literally have 800 essays due tomorrow.

via GIPHY

8. You realize you made the perfect choice

Once you're settled, you see that your university is perfect and college is the best thing ever.

via GIPHY

Lead Image Credit http://www.ssninsider.com/whats-next-for-cast-members-after-the-office-closes/the-office-cast-still-2/

Elaina Berkowitz - Syracuse University

“Elaina is a freshman at Syracuse University majoring in Advertising. She loves writing, watching The Office and dancing. Her favorite things are ice cream and Instagram. You can follow her on Twitter @Elaina_Berk and on Instragram @elainaberk!