Display netflix logo
by Elaina Berkowitz

6 Shows to Binge Watch Over Thanksgiving Break

By Elaina Berkowitz - Nov 22 2015

“I’ll just watch one more episode…” says everyone who starts any Netflix series.

Netflix series are super addicting and it is very hard to start watching a show without finishing all the episodes in one sitting. College students are busy, so Thanksgiving break is a great time to get caught up on Netflix shows and watch an entire series. Most shows have a lot of seasons and are nearly impossible to finish in just a week, but there are still a lot of good shows to get hooked on that only have a couple seasons.

1. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

This series follows a 29-year-old who is living in New York City after being trapped in a doomsday cult underground for 15 years. This one is a little out there and very new. There are only a couple episodes so far, so it’s the perfect show to binge watch without spending every minute glued to your laptop.

2. New Girl.

This one is about a young woman who teaches at a middle school in Los Angeles. She seeks a new place to live after leaving her cheating boyfriend and ends up with a group of guys. "New Girl" is the perfect show to binge watch with friends over break because it’s funny and super relatable. It’s just short enough that you’ll have time to watch while you stay up late with your old friends.

3. Jane the Virgin.

This show details the events that take place in a woman named Jane Villanueva’s life in Miami. She is a religious woman that made a vow to save her virginity until marriage and the show is based off this idea. This series only has one season, so it’s easy to finish in a few days. It’s a creative story line with both serious points and comedy, so it’s a great mix.

4. Orange is the New Black.

This series details the lives of women in a minimum-security women’s federal prison. Finishing this series over break would take some serious dedication, but it’s definitely worth it. "Orange is the New Black" is a classic Netflix series. It’s interesting to see what it’s like in prison, you fall in love with all the characters, and it’s hilarious.

5. Young and Hungry.

In this series, a food blogger is hired by an entrepreneur to be his personal chef. This is another show that is very short and won’t require you to be glued to your computer. It’s very light and fun and a good show to watch if you have a busier break.

6. House of Cards.

This series details the life of a Congressman and his wife. They set out for revenge on people who betrayed him. This series will also take some dedication to complete over break, but it’s also very easy to get trapped in. With everything going on, you’ll forget that you haven’t eaten, slept, or left your room for days.

Lead Image Credit: journaldugeek.com

Elaina Berkowitz - Syracuse University

“Elaina is a freshman at Syracuse University majoring in Advertising. She loves writing, watching The Office and dancing. Her favorite things are ice cream and Instagram. You can follow her on Twitter @Elaina_Berk and on Instragram @elainaberk!