Display greek  1
by Elaina Berkowitz

10 Famous Athletes Who Were in Greek Life

By Elaina Berkowitz - Jan 25 2016
Many colleges have Greek life, but most people don't realize that a lot of athletes were involved in sororities and fraternities. 

1. DeMya Walker

Zeta Phi Beta

Walker is a Professional Basketball Player who plays for New York Liberty.

2. John Lynch

Delta Tau Delta

Lynch was a Professional NFL Player that was drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

3. Mariya Koroleva

Delta Delta Delta

Koroleva was an Olympic Synchronized Swimmer that emigrated to the United States and competed at Stanford University.

4. Bo Van Pelt

Sigma Chi

Pelt is a Pro Golfer who played on the Nationwide and PGA tour and has been named one of the top 20 golfers.

5. George Brett

Alpha Delta Gamma

Brett was a Pro Baseball player and third baseman. He played for over 20 years for the Kansas City Royals. 

6. “Babe” Ruth

Alpha Delta Gamma

Babe Ruth was a Pro Baseball Player that played for both the Red Sox and the Yankees.

7. Ollie Matson

Alpha Delta Gamma

Matson was a Pro Football Player in the NFL in addition to being an Olympic sprinter. 

8. Ted Dibiase

Alpha Tau Omega

Dibiase was a Professional Wrester that eventually signed with WWE.

9. Bobby Jones

Sigma Alpha Epsilon

Jones was a Pro Golfer and actually founded the Augusta National Golf Club and co-founded the Masters Tournament. 

10. Tommy Lasorda

Pi Kappa Pi

Lasorda is a famous baseball player who played for the Dodgers. He also had a long career in sports management. 

Lead Image Credit:

Elaina Berkowitz - Syracuse University

“Elaina is a freshman at Syracuse University majoring in Advertising. She loves writing, watching The Office and dancing. Her favorite things are ice cream and Instagram. You can follow her on Twitter @Elaina_Berk and on Instragram @elainaberk!