Display instagram 2  1
by Elaina Berkowitz

10 College Accounts You Should Be Following on Instagram

By Elaina Berkowitz - Oct 24 2015

Instagram is definitely a favorite social media outlet for most college students. People love sharing what they’re up to and seeing what everyone else is doing. It’s a great way to be updated about people's lives, but there are a lot of accounts that can be very functional as well.

1. amazonstudent

Amazon is an amazing place for students to buy, sell, and browse textbooks and other materials. The Amazon Instagram account posts about deals, hot items, and promotions. Additionally, they post relatable pictures specifically targeting college students.

2. nytimes

New York Times is a great resource for reliable news. The older we get, the more prominent news becomes in our lives. As college students, it’s imperative that we keep up with the world. The New York Times Instagram page makes it easy for students to see crucial news articles as they scroll through their normal social media outlets. 

3. Your School’s Instagram Account

Depending on your school, the Instagram account produced by your school can be very useful. A lot of schools post reminders of events or opportunities on campus. Often times they also include pretty pictures of campus that can be fun to look at. Overall, it’s important to keep up with what’s going on around you at your school and Instagram is an easy and fun way to do that.

4. hercampus

This account is geared specifically towards girls and it’s overall really funny and entertaining. It posts quotes from movies or from elsewhere that pertain to university students. This account also posts pictures of yummy food and cute outfits. It’s all very relatable to college life and very entertaining to scroll through.

5. stylefit

Motivation to workout is something most college students tend to lack. This account makes working out seem fun. They post videos of interesting workouts and stretches to do that are especially good if you have limited time. 

6. dailydoseopuppies

It’s no secret that college is stressful. A lot of Instagram accounts are very functional, but this one is just for fun. After a long day of classes and essays, scrolling through pictures of puppies will make everything better. 

7. nbcsnl

Saturday Night Live is a very popular show amidst college students. It’s funny and very relatable, but can also keep you up to date with the news. Their Instagram account could be a fun addition to your normal stream of pictures of students and friends from home. 

8. humansofny

College students spend a lot of time on campus. They don’t have much time to travel or even go into their college town. Humans of New York is an account that takes pictures of people in New York that are from all around the world and all have different stories. It’s a fun way for college students to be a little worldlier without even leaving their dorm. 

9. lifehacks15

With classes, essays, exams, and homework, college students are stressed. This account provides a variety of hacks that can make school work and your daily life just a little bit easier.

10. theskimm

The Skimm is a news source aimed at college students and young adults. It puts topical news in their own words and makes it more fun. Their Instagram account has pictures of funny things, pieces of news, and new updates about The Skimm.

Lead Image Credit: 

https://instagram.com/p/1UxoUgiw4D/?taken-by=dailydoseopuppies

https://instagram.com/p/8wV4YPnIts/?taken-by=hercampus

https://instagram.com/p/8wPWD0vzNC/?taken-by=amazonstudent

Elaina Berkowitz - Syracuse University

“Elaina is a freshman at Syracuse University majoring in Advertising. She loves writing, watching The Office and dancing. Her favorite things are ice cream and Instagram. You can follow her on Twitter @Elaina_Berk and on Instragram @elainaberk!