Display ewan robertson 208022
by Dylan Hicks

5 Laptops Perfect For College Students

By Dylan Hicks - Jul 04 2017

In the year 2017, it's almost impossible to not have a laptop for college; your laptop is practically your best friend. From doing research, writing papers and binge-watching Netflix, you need a laptop to do it all.

1. Macbook Air

Amazon

The classic Macbook Air with the infamous glowing apple logo is a great laptop for doing everything. With access to Apple-only optimized software and a great processor, this laptop can do just about anything. The screen is a little dated compared to the latest laptops but you can't beat the Apple software ecosystem. Best Buy and possibly your campus bookstore offer student discounts. Buy here.

2. Acer Aspire R 15 Convertible Laptop

Amazon

This laptop is perfect for those who love a laptop but also love using a tablet. With a humongous 15.6-inch touch screen and a super great graphics card, this laptop is perfect for anyone but it is definitely a plus for creators. The only downside to the laptop is the weak nine hour battery, but that's the cost of running such powerful hardware for such a great price of $799. Buy here

3. Microsoft Surface Laptop

Amazon

Microsoft's latest surface laptop is its best and most decorative laptop yet. With a gorgeous touch screen compatible with its surface pen and a luxurious Alcantara fabric-covered keyboard, this laptop performs just as well as it looks. It also has a great battery life with 14.5 hours on a single charge. With these luxuries comes a steep price point of $1,299 for the base model, but you certainly get your dollar's worth. Student discounts can be received at Best Buy and possibly your campus bookstore. Buy here.

4. Acer Aspire E15

Amazon

While not the most expensive laptop out on the market, the Acer Aspire E15 packs a punch for its price. For only $349 you get a 15.6 full color HD screen with an Intel i-3 processor and 4 GB of ram. Since it isn't exactly a powerhouse, you get a whopping 12.5 hours of battery per charge, perfect for the student on the go or the student who is too forgetful to charge. Buy here.

5. Acer Predator Helios 300

Amazon

The Acer Predator Helios 300 is perfect for everyday work flow, but it specializes in gaming. With a blazing fast graphics card, top tier processor and a heavy amount of RAM, this laptop is perfect for writing papers and playing games. It also has a ultra HD 15.6 inch screen and back lit keys, perfect for writing a paper in the dark. Since this laptop has such high specs you only get seven hours per charge. Buy here.

Have fun (but not too much fun) in class using these laptops!

Lead Image Credit: Ewan Robertson via Unsplash

Dylan Hicks - Hendrix College

Hi I'm Dylan! I attend Hendrix College with a focus to major in Film. When I'm not binging Netflix you can find me filming shorts or eating chex mix. Follow me on twitter and instagram @dylanjhicks