Display 14115676 10154356325423805 332577589 n
by Diana Pope

UPenn Luxury Student Housing Takes Dorm Goals to a New Level

By Diana Pope - Sep 01 2016

As students come back to school at University of Pennsylvania this fall, they will be making their peers and families jealous with the number of luxuries offered in the new college house on campus. 

According to the Daily Pennsylvanian, the building features a number of new amenities not typically offered at college such as flat screen TVs, air conditioning, family style dinners, and a wide view of West Philadelphia. 

The mission of the architects designing this new college house was to motivate freshman to get out of their dorms. The building includes suites with two-floor lounges and ground level community spaces. These community spaces will typically have a dining hall, a central courtyard, and a large living room with a fireplace. 

Along with these amenities, college students will be also be able to avoid cafeteria food and reserve "family tables" so they can select their own entrees in groups of six. With all of these luxuries, this college house sounds more like a vacation destination than a college living space.

The Daily Penssylvanian

This building cost a total of $127 million to build and will finally open its doors on September 13th. Those students are definitely lucky.

Lead Image Credit: The Daily Pennsylvanian 

Diana Pope - University of Tennessee Knoxville

Diana is a political science major who also enjoys journalism, history, and philosophy. She loves writing, researching, and debating about politics. In her free time, she enjoys Grey's anatomy marathons and reading detective fiction.