Display 24562369746 df2b07408a z
by Diana Pope

Hillary Clinton's Path to the Presidency

By Diana Pope - Sep 14 2016

As the election draws to a close, Hillary Clinton's chances at gaining a seat in the Oval Office are substantially improving. According to the a recent report by the New York Times, Hillary Clinton has an 80% chance of winning the Presidency. 

Based on the latest national and state polls, Hillary Clinton's chance of losing is the same probability that an NFL kicker misses a 45 Yard Goal. Clinton is not guaranteed to win the presidency, but her chances are anything but bleak. 

Clinton still needs to gain ground in swing-states like Iowa, North Carolina, Ohio, and Florida. Clinton has campaigned arduously in Ohio as it remains the most contested battleground state in this election. Recent polls from New Quinnipiac University suggest that Clinton and Trump remain deadlocked in Florida and Ohio. 

Yet, Clinton's campaign is currently on shaky grounds as she was recently hospitalized during a 9/11 memorial service. Her staff released a statement this Sunday revealing that she had been diagnosed with pneumonia. So far, Clinton has had to cancel her trip to California, and may have to cancel her trip to Las Vegas. 

Clinton is forced to abruptly leave the memorial service, and stumbles into her van

Clinton plans to participate in four more key debates with Trump on September 26 and October 4, 9 and 19 respectively.

Trump and Clinton are finishing their last political battles and hopefully Clinton's health will improve so that she can campaign effectively over the upcoming months. It will be interesting to witness how Clinton copes with personal obstacles as she faces the most important event in her life. 

Lead Image Credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr Creative Commons

Diana Pope - University of Tennessee Knoxville

Diana is a political science major who also enjoys journalism, history, and philosophy. She loves writing, researching, and debating about politics. In her free time, she enjoys Grey's anatomy marathons and reading detective fiction.