by Diana Pope

Elle Fanning is Deciding to Call Off College

By Diana Pope - Sep 04 2016

Elle Fanning, an actress who has starred in hit films like "Super 8" and "Maleficent", will be postponing college for a while. 

Elle Fanning in Maleficent 

According to Teen Vogue, Fanning recently stated that she wants to focus on work instead of school. She recently started a film and does not think she would have the full "college experience" if she was trying to balance academic life with her career. 

Elle has recently finished her part in Ben Affleck's new film, "Live by Night", an American crime film that will be released in early 2017. Fanning was inspired by the dual ability of Affleck to work as both a director and an actor, and hopes to carry his same success in her future endeavors. 

Fanning's role in Live by Night

Hopefully, Fanning's break from school will allow her to gain a sense of personal achievement with her dreams in Hollywood. Even though Fanning is taking a non-traditional path towards finishing her career, she will definitely serve as an inspiration to all college students chasing their dreams. Sometimes, as in the case of Fanning, taking a gap year can be just as beneficial as going to college. 

Lead Image Credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr Creative Commons

Diana Pope - University of Tennessee Knoxville

Diana is a political science major who also enjoys journalism, history, and philosophy. She loves writing, researching, and debating about politics. In her free time, she enjoys Grey's anatomy marathons and reading detective fiction.