Display cr3ussowiaeet2b
by Diana Pope

College Students Take Off Clothes to Protest Campus Signs

By Diana Pope - Sep 16 2016

After being told by some male students about the religious practices of modesty, several college students decided to protest by taking off their clothes. According to The Tab, female students at Ohio State University were highly angered when they saw a religious sign preaching to women about the virtues of adorning themselves in modest apparel. 

The title of the sign was "God's Role for Women" and mentioned a few bible verses about what God's role for women should be. The sign included values such as motherhood, submission, quietness, and modesty, and was posted on the main campus of Ohio State University.

Ohio State University

Two Ohio State students decided to protest against the sign by taking off their shirts and standing next to the sign. Everyone around them cheered while they stood next to the ridiculous sign, and people cheered, "YOU GO GIRLS!". 

Another student decided to take a picture of the sign and post it on Twitter. Instantly, the picture of the girls standing next to the sign received thousands of likes and hundreds of shares on Twitter. 

Many students think that the signs were posted to provoke outrage on the campus. Although the intentions behind these signs are unclear, their creators definitely caused a strong reaction from Ohio State students. 

College is a place where there is a time and place for religion. In the case of Ohio State University, students had to step forward and protest against the extreme religious message in these signs. The bold actions of these protesters definitely deserve some merit. 

Lead Image Credit: Zoe Weaver via The Tab

Diana Pope - University of Tennessee Knoxville

Diana is a political science major who also enjoys journalism, history, and philosophy. She loves writing, researching, and debating about politics. In her free time, she enjoys Grey's anatomy marathons and reading detective fiction.