Display nup 172865 1820 740x494
by Diana Pope

Northeastern University Senior Josh Levin Will Be Competing In The Ninja Warriors Finals

By Diana Pope - Sep 01 2016

Northeastern University Senior Josh Levin has made it to the finals of the hit TV show "Ninja Warrior" and will be climbing Mount Midoriyama as the last challenge. 

According to USA Today, Levin earned his spot in the finale after making it through the two qualifying rounds and may earn a million dollars as the ultimate prize. 

Even though that amount of money is tempting, this Mount Midoriyama course is the most difficult part of the show. This course is divided into four stages with a total of 22 obstacles. Levin is excited to take on this final round, and feels prepared since he has competed in speed climbing all over the world. 

Watch Levin at the Los Angeles finals:

Levin owes most of his success to his childhood coach and inspiration, Stacey Collver, who was recently diagnosed with a rare lung cancer called "lymphangioleiomyomatosis" (nicknamed LAM). If Josh wins the game show, he plans to donate some of his money to help pay for Collver's expensive medical bills. 

Regardless of the results, Josh is aiming to be able to compete in the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo when the International Olympic Committee adds sports climbing as one of the new events. 

Levin definitely has extraordinary aspirations for a college student as he tries to score the million dollar prize and  pursue his dream of going to the olympics. 

Lead Image Credit: Brandon Hickman via NBC 

Diana Pope - University of Tennessee Knoxville

Diana is a political science major who also enjoys journalism, history, and philosophy. She loves writing, researching, and debating about politics. In her free time, she enjoys Grey's anatomy marathons and reading detective fiction.