Display donald trump at aston  pa september 13th 5a
by Diana Pope

A Guide to Understanding the Role of Donald Trump's Family in the White House

By Diana Pope - Jan 21 2017

Donald Trump has been working hard this past month on carefully choosing members of his cabinet. Many Americans are worried about the role that his family will play in the White House. Jared Kushner, Trump's son-in-law, will most likely serve a cabinet position due to the President's trust in his leadership abilities. Fresh U has organized a guide to understanding how each family member will (or will not) serve some task in the White House.

Jared Kushner, Son-in-Law

Kushner is married to Ivanka Trump, and played a huge part in assisting Trump's Presidential campaign. Trump has previously said that Kushner could be a "tremendous asset" in the White House due to his wide range of business interests. Trump will name Kushner as his top advisor; however, many opponents argue that Trump is violating nepotism laws with the appointment of his son-in-law. Upon his arrival in the White House, Kushner plans to withdraw his substantial business assets and resign from his company.

Ivanka Trump, Daughter 

Even though Ivanka plans to move to D.C. with her husband, she has not formally announced any task that she will serve in the White House. Ivanka plans to no longer play any management role in Trump Organization, and plans to resign from the office position in her private company's brand. She has firmly stated that she will not be serving as a "surrogate first lady" during her time in Washington.

Eric and Donald Trump Jr.

Even though Eric and Donald Trump Jr. will not serve any viable position within the White House, they plan to move some business assets around to preserve the legality of their family's name. Eric plans to remove Trump's name from his charitable organization, and shift management to other individuals. Since Donald Trump no longer has control of the Trump Organization, these siblings plan to manage it in the meantime. Eric is hopeful about taking over the family business:

"I am ready for it. And we’re ready for it. I take our role in the company incredibly seriously and we are going to do the right thing."

Tiffany Trump, Daughter

Tiffany recently graduated from the University of Pennsylvania, and is widely known for her social media posts. She is not expected to serve any role within the Trump Administration.

Besides Jared Kushner, all of Donald Trump's family will serve a minimal role in the White House. The Trump Organization will experience a radical change in leadership as the President rescinds all ties to it. Whether or not they serve a role in his administration, the First Family has consistently remained loyal to helping with Trump's aspirations as President.

Lead Image Credit: Michael Vadon via Wikimedia Commons 

Diana Pope - University of Tennessee Knoxville

Diana is a political science major who also enjoys journalism, history, and philosophy. She loves writing, researching, and debating about politics. In her free time, she enjoys Grey's anatomy marathons and reading detective fiction.