Display 71169f98 ab39 4b49 8c64 5784e59c8051
by Delaney Sears

10 Nostalgic Movies to Watch on Netflix When Being an Adult Gets Stressful

By Delaney Sears - Sep 18 2017

College is one of the biggest steps of growing up; suddenly, you're doing your own laundry, feeding yourself and are completely in charge of your own well-being. Growing up is honestly terrifying and when you're in the midst of five papers, three exams and rehearsals for the student theatre production you're doing, sometimes you just wish you were a kid again. 

Thankfully for us, Netflix has a good stock of some of our favorite childhood movies! Watching movies from the early 2000s like Disney Channel Original Movies is the ultimate way to nurse your nostalgia and remember the good old days when your biggest worry was having the biggest set of crayons in the class. 

Here are 10 (plus some extras) of the most memorable movies from our childhood that are currently available on Netflix (in the United States).

1. High School Musical / High School Musical 2

We're all in this together! Not only does Netflix have the first of the iconic trilogy, they also have the incredible sequel. Spend the night in and watch Troy and Gabriella sing their way through the toils of high school. 

2. Cheetah Girls / Cheetah Girls 2 / Cheetah Girls: One World

If you're needing a good dose of girl power and sisterhood, Netflix has all three Cheetah Girls movies! Follow the iconic group to Barcelona and India as they teach us that we make up one big family, though we don't look the same, and our stripes are different colors. 

3. Scooby-Doo / Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed

A pinnacle of the early 2000s was the live-action adaptations of the classic Scooby-Doo cartoon. They would play on TV nearly every weekend, so much that our generation of 90s/early 2000s kids probably watched them more than the original cartoon. Catch the live-action Mystery Machine gang in both of their movies straight from your computer!

4. Camp Rock / Camp Rock 2

Thankfully, Netflix has both of the movies that launched Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas into the lives of millions of children in the mid-2000s. Now we can all find the voice we hear inside our head, the reason that we're singing. (And we can remember how Shane and Mitchie were everyone's favorite couple in 2008.)

5. Sky High

The movie that made every child want to be a superhero is back and available at the click of a mouse! Revisit the Strongholds and the iconic team of sidekicks, and convince yourself that your powers just haven't appeared yet

6. The Rugrats Movie / Rugrats Go Wild

One of the most classic cartoons from the late '90s and early 2000s is available on Netflix! We grew up with the babies from Rugrats, so reuniting with them is a great way to be transported back to childhood. Plus, Rugrats Go Wild incorporates the Wild Thornberries, another recognizable cartoon family from childhood.

7. The Hannah Montana Movie

Want the best of both worlds? The Hannah Montana Movie, arguably one of the highlights of Miley Cyrus's career, is on Netflix! You'll always find your way back home (especially if it's on Netflix) and this movie will remind your stressed college mind that it's all about the climb. 

8. Princess Protection Program

You're never too old to want to be a princess and this nostalgic movie about friendship stars Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez from their Disney days. They've grown up, too, so watching this blast from the past is a good way to remember the good old year of 2009!

9. Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior

A woman of color kicking butt, looking good and celebrating Chinese heritage all in one movie? Yes, please! Wendy Wu was an inspiration for young girls everywhere and she can still inspire us now via the magic of Netflix.

Disney Channel and Regan/Jon Productions

10. Jump In

Push it, push it! To the limit, limit! The underdog story of a double-dutch team featuring Corbin Bleu and Keke Palmer is currently streaming. Reminisce on the enormous crush you used to have on Corbin Bleu. 

Davis Entertainment and Disney Channel

As you learn how to grow up and be an adult, remember to take some time to embrace your inner child. No matter how old you get, your favorite characters from your childhood will always be there to welcome you home. 

Lead Image Credit: Disney

Delaney Sears - Vassar College

Delaney is a freshman at Vassar College studying media and computer science in order to pursue animation. She will win any Disney trivia game you put her in. In high school, she was heavily involved in theatre and volunteered at the local animal shelter. Follow her on Instagram @delaneysears or on Twitter @delaneyysears!