Display tfa poster wide header
by Dayne Renee

8 Star Wars Characters Who Wanted a Higher Education

By Dayne Renee - Jan 08 2016

1. Chewbacca

This fuzzy haired creature has a passion for football, and he just so happens to be the starting quarterback for Clemson University. After a tough game on the battlefield of football, Chewbacca loves to throw parties at his frat house. He’ll dance wildly to another great hit by Mac Miller and think this is another unforgettable night. Of course, he won’t remember a thing when he wakes up, almost missing his engineering recitation, which just so happens to be his major.

2. Princess Leia

With her strong will and affinity for learning, it's no surprise Princess Leia landed herself in Yale University. She is a senator in the Student Government where she battles hard, and confidently voices her opinions on campus matters. She has many friends that she shares late night talks and laughs with. She also happens to be studying global studies in order to learn how to use politics and her caring attitude to help the world.

3. Darth Vader

No surprise that Darth Vader attends the #1 party school in America - University of Tulane. His campus home is where he balances the work of his philosophy major with the tight schedule of partying 5 nights a week. He’ll wake up next to a huge hole in the wall; not remembering how he got a little too under the influence and his anger was unleashed. Darth Vader will somehow manage to graduate, although he will do it all on his own.

4. Han Solo

Due to his master bargaining skills and love for money, Hans Solo is a business major at the University of Chicago. He loves the fast paced life of Chicago and enjoys spending long nights at local bars chatting up sorority girls and local beauties. Han Solo has many friends that he enjoys calling his “bros," and he spends much of his free time with the "bros" either studying together or enjoying the Chicago nightlife.

5. Luke Skywalker

Remembering where one comes from is an extremely important value in Luke’s mind. This is why he is in the agricultural program at University of California- Davis. He is a strong student and excels in most of his classes. He enjoys spending time with ambitious and driven people who share the same mindset as him. Skywalker loves listening to music as him and his friends take monthly road trips exploring California.

6. Rey

Being the strong, self- sufficient woman Rey is, she is proudly studying computer science with a minor in women and gender studies at Stanford University. She enjoys reading in their beautiful library and soaking up some rays of sunshine on the quad. She doesn’t have many friends, given that her stand-offish personality keeps them at bay. This just adds more fuel to the “mysterious, strong-willed” title she owns. 

7. Finn

Finn is known for his roguish wit, which is why he choose John Hopkins University for their excellent major of Robotics Engineering. When he’s not busy trying to test out his latest robot, he spends most of his time being the adrenaline junkie he's known to be. Whenever he needs a break from the tough work of robotics, he gathers up a group of his friends and usually goes rock climbing or caving.

8. Poe Dameron

Confidence is key when it comes to Poe Dameron. Ever since he was a boy this headstrong character knew that he wanted to be a pilot. Therefore, he decided to be apart of the US Air Force. He was accepted into the United States Air Force Academy, and through his skills of flying high and fighting hard he was able to become one of the best pilots the world has ever seen.

Lead Image Credit: Walt Disney Studios/Lucasfilm Ltd.

Dayne Renee - Salve Regina University

Dayne Renee is currently a freshman at Salve Regina University where she studies Social Work and Creative Writing. She enjoys late night strolls, lists, and dreamcatchers. You can follow her on twitter @wearedaynish or instagram @sunflowersanddaynishes