by Daphine Henderson

This Person Had the Greatest Birthday Cake in Retaliation to a Tweet from Azealia Banks

By Daphine Henderson - Jul 21 2017

Mario Hart had recently celebrated his 21st birthday in a unique way: By proving famous singer Azealia Banks wrong on her eerie prediction from a previous argument.

Hart had printed one of her tweets towards him on a birthday cake as a celebration for his birthday:

About two years ago, the famous yet controversial singer Azealia Banks had been in several disputes with multiple people over Twitter, one including Hart's close friend.

"Leading up to that tweet Azealia had been going at it with countless others, and that evening it just so happened to be one of my friends," Hart told Fresh U through Twitter direct messages. "She was coming after him on both Instagram and Twitter so I had to say something. It didn't take long for her to see the tweet and reply. We both made some remarks and then this iconic tweet was born."

The tweet shows Banks telling Hart that he would "be dead before [he] turn[ed] 21."

"At first I couldn't believe it and filled with anger because I had been a long time Azealia Banks fan and would constantly defend her whenever people would talk negatively of her," Hart said. "The anger soon went away because I couldn't stay mad at her. She's been through so much."

Hart's tweet has since received nearly 70,000 retweets and over 221,000 likes. 

Hart knew as soon as the tweet was posted that he would have it put on a cake when he turned 21.

He has received a lot of praise for putting the tweet on the cake, even receiving a like from famous singer Lorde. 

"I didn't expect it to get this big honestly," Hart said. "Some have praised me for being that petty for putting it on the cake, [the] majority have pointed out the battery life my phone was at the time of the screenshot."

Azealia, using a new Twitter account, even acknowledged Hart's tweet, apologizing for her tweet from two years ago:

Let's hope that with Mario's unique choice of design for his cake, he had a great birthday!

Lead Image Credit: @hisnameismario via Twitter

Daphine Henderson - University of Maryland, College Park

Daphine Henderson is a sophomore at the University of Maryland College Park majoring in Music Performance on Bass. She enjoys reading, writing, and anything involved with music and art. Follow her on Twitter @Guinea231 !