Display untitled2
by Daphine Henderson

This Mom Made a Hilarious Group of Friends at Her Daughter's College Orientation

By Daphine Henderson - Jun 30 2017

Avery Foster was attending her orientation like every other freshman at Texas State University. She believed it to be a regular day as a new college student, until she found out her mother had made a hilarious group of friends for a contest. 

"The parents were allowed to eat dinner on the football field, and the football players happened to be practicing," Foster said.

Foster was unaware that there was a contest involved, that whoever took a silly selfie and posted it to the school's organization would win a $500 scholarship if it was chosen as the winner.

"A lot of people were trying to hide the fact that they were taking selfies with the football players in the background," Foster said via Twitter DMs. "My mom decided she wasn't going to hide trying to take a picture, so she went straight up to the football players and asked for pictures. The football players were the ones who gave the idea to do action shots."

The tweet has over 455,000 likes and over 102,000 retweets.

"I just posted it to my Twitter thinking my conversation about my mom was funny. I didn't expect it to go viral, though," said Foster.  

There were plenty of positive reactions to Fosters's post, from commending the hilarious post to trying to find the accounts of the football players:

Courtesy of Foster's mom, this was an unforgettable moment for Texas State's freshman orientation!

Lead Image Credit: Twitter via Avery_Leilani

Daphine Henderson - University of Maryland, College Park

Daphine Henderson is a sophomore at the University of Maryland College Park majoring in Music Performance on Bass. She enjoys reading, writing, and anything involved with music and art. Follow her on Twitter @Guinea231 !