by Daphine Henderson

This College Student Saved the Day by Switching Shoes with His Girlfriend for Her Chemistry Lab

By Daphine Henderson - Mar 12 2017

With midterms striking again for the spring semester, college students are stressing about grades, sleep, and their social lives. This was especially true for Mark Cadiz's girlfriend, who had a chemistry lab during her midterms and was wearing the wrong type of shoes. 

The sophomore liberal arts major at the University of Hawaii, Maui College, did not hesitate to switch his Vans out for her sandals while she went to her lab. 

"She was panicking and stressing on midterms and she forgot she had a chemistry lab." Cadiz said. "I offered her my shoes so she didn't have to go home just to grab shoes. I took a before and after and tweeted it because I was trying to be funny."

The tweet has almost 37,000 retweets and almost 163,000 likes. 

Cadiz was shocked to find that his tweet went viral nearly overnight.

"At first I was like 'yay, someone liked it.' I put my phone on 'Do Not Disturb' and then I just saw a thousand likes. I was shook lol."

The reactions varied from relationship goal comments to questions about how the couple shares the same shoe size. 

"It felt weird at first because people noticed the little things. Like how I could fit her sandals and that my toenails were long. But I honestly don't care about that, haha. People on Twitter are being really supportive by saying 'aww so cute' or 'I need me a guy like this,' and some people are being really mean haha. But in the end they are all opinions so it doesn't really matter."

Cadiz's girlfriend even made a few reaction tweets:

Lead Image Credit: Twitter 

Daphine Henderson - University of Maryland, College Park

Daphine Henderson is a sophomore at the University of Maryland College Park majoring in Music Performance on Bass. She enjoys reading, writing, and anything involved with music and art. Follow her on Twitter @Guinea231 !