by Daphine Henderson

This College Freshman Got a Hilarious Response to Her Pineapple Pizza Order

By Daphine Henderson - Mar 07 2017

We all know about the feud that has been going on between college students and adults alike about whether pineapple deserves to go on pizza as an edible topping. University of Arizona freshman Ali Johnson was team pineapple, and decided to order a pizza. The physiology major usually ordered from Domino’s or Papa John’s, but decided to try something new based on her roommate’s recommendation.

“I was studying for midterms on Saturday and wanted pizza, so I used the Tapingo app to order a customized pizza from a campus restaurant," Ali explained.

When Ali received her delivery, the fruity ingredient was missing from the entire pizza. It did however, come with a $5 bill and a message.

“I was on FaceTime with my friend when it came and at first I opened it an just kind of stared," Ali said. "I read the note and sat there in disbelief and then I just started laughing really hard and tweeting it."

Ali’s tweet has over 66,000 retweets and over 180,000 likes.

“It’s so crazy," she said. "I was thrown off when it had 20+ retweets after like 3 minutes and people were tweeting me saying it was going viral and I just kinda laughed it off but when I woke up it had really blown up.”

Many of the reactions to Ali’s tweet included personal debates with having pineapple on pizza.

It's safe to say the jury is still out on whether pineapple is an acceptable pizza topping.

Lead Image Credit: Twitter

Daphine Henderson - University of Maryland, College Park

Daphine Henderson is a sophomore at the University of Maryland College Park majoring in Music Performance on Bass. She enjoys reading, writing, and anything involved with music and art. Follow her on Twitter @Guinea231 !