by Daphine Henderson

These High School Seniors Tried To Visit A House From 'Shameless' And Got An Unexpected Surprise

By Daphine Henderson - Mar 17 2017

Many people are fans of the TV series Shameless, a British comedy-drama that has recently been remade for the United States. This remake, although filmed in Los Angeles, contains exterior scenes that are filmed in Chicago, Illinois. 

Numerous fans go to the specific house that was filmed for the scene, but high school senior Abi Doyle and her close friend Niah Craig got a special surprise while taking pictures: a guest appearance from the owner's nephew.

Attending school at Little Miami High School in Cincinnati, Ohio, Abi did not hesitate to take the chance of a lifetime to get some souvenir photos for back home.

"I was at a dance competition in Chicago and me and my friend are huge fans of the show," Abi explained to Fresh U. "We googled the address and it popped right up for all of the houses, so my parents drove us out there. It was a really shady neighborhood, but it was all real. You could walk through the street and know exactly where certain things were filmed."

"There were a lot of other people there to take pictures, but it just so happened that the owner's nephew walked out right as we were taking our picture," she said. "He was really cool about it, but he was also extremely intoxicated which is what made it so funny, because he was like 'I'm just like Frank now!' But we could [also] see all of the people that actually lived there walking through the house. It was weird."

The tweet, posted Sunday, has nearly 62 thousand retweets and over 200 thousand likes. 

"It's awesome," Abi said of her tweet going viral. "All of my friends from home are tagging me in all of the posts and my phone has been blowing up."

Lead Image Credit: Twitter 

Daphine Henderson - University of Maryland, College Park

Daphine Henderson is a sophomore at the University of Maryland College Park majoring in Music Performance on Bass. She enjoys reading, writing, and anything involved with music and art. Follow her on Twitter @Guinea231 !