Display proxy
by Daphine Henderson

Frat at University of Richmond Suspended Over 'Grossly Offensive' Email

By Daphine Henderson - Sep 22 2016

The University of Richmond in Virginia has recently suspended one of its fraternities after about 100 students received an email from two fraternity members that contained “grossly offensive language,” according to the university.

Titled, “The wait is finally over,” the email, according to The Collegian student newspaper, was sent to the students on the first night of lodges for the Kappa Alpha Order fraternity. Freshmen were also included in the email.

The email reads:

“Roll through in your best red, white and blue (or be naked for all I care, just make sure your ass makes it out tonight).”

The email promises the night will be “one for the books,” but an even more disturbing messages comes at the conclusion:

“Tonight’s the type of night that makes fathers afraid to send their daughters away to school. Let’s get it.”

The university suspended the chapter’s operations while an investigation is conducted. The fraternity’s national chapter was also contacted, which will additionally conduct its own investigation, according to a statement issued by the university.

The statement reads: 

University administration will be meeting with Greek leadership to discuss the suspension and to reiterate our expectations for Greek Life, which include standards of behavior, sustaining a respectful and safe campus climate, and the core values of service, leadership, scholarship and fellowship.

The national Kappa Alpha Order website describes the fraternity as providing, “a moral compass for the modern gentleman.” This does not reflect that motto. Once investigations have been done, more specific punishments will result.

Lead Image Credit: Twitter

Daphine Henderson - University of Maryland, College Park

Daphine Henderson is a sophomore at the University of Maryland College Park majoring in Music Performance on Bass. She enjoys reading, writing, and anything involved with music and art. Follow her on Twitter @Guinea231 !