Display cugxr1kwyaajqy9.jpg large
by Daphine Henderson

CoverGirl Announces Its First Male CoverGirl Spokesmodel

By Daphine Henderson - Oct 12 2016

Makeup artist and YouTuber James Charles’s senior pictures went viral after revealing that he had brought his own light ring to his session do-over, after he wasn’t satisfied with how the originals turned out.

This 17-year-old just snagged another viral milestone when CoverGirl announced that James is its first male CoverGirl spokesmodel.

Current CoverGirl spokesmodel Katy Perry announced the news early Tuesday morning through Instagram:

“Honored to have the pleasure to announce the very first COVERBOY, James Charles!”

Soon after, Charles posted his own announcement on his Instagram page:

CoverGirl then released a statement referring to James Charles:

“All of our COVERGIRLs are role models and boundary-breakers, fearlessly expressing themselves, standing up for what they believe, and redefining what it means to be beautiful. James Charles is no exception. One year ago, he boldly chose to launch his Instagram to the world, using transformative, dynamic makeup looks to showcase the many facets of his personality, serving as an inspiration to women, men, guys and girls who might have been afraid to do the same."

We give James Charles a flawless congratulations for this groundbreaking accomplishment!

Lead Image Credit: Twitter 

Daphine Henderson - University of Maryland, College Park

Daphine Henderson is a sophomore at the University of Maryland College Park majoring in Music Performance on Bass. She enjoys reading, writing, and anything involved with music and art. Follow her on Twitter @Guinea231 !