Display 7958797676 e61b811fd9 z
by Danielle Newman

8 Famous Paintings that Sum Up College Life

By Danielle Newman - Nov 12 2015

We always brush off old paintings as ancient and irrelevant, but you'd be surprised by how much you can actually relate to these old artists' works. Here are 8 examples of old and famous paintings to which college students can totally relate. 

1. When your professor makes a joke in class but no one finds it funny. (Mona Lisa - Leonardo Da Vinci)

Photo Credit: Daryl_mitchell

2. When you just find out last minute that you have an exam and/or paper due tomorrow. (Scream - Edvard Munch)

Photo Credit: Ian Burt

3. What your notes look like after studying 10 hours straight for that Biology or Chemistry exam... WHAT DOES IT EVEN MEAN?! (Starry Night - Vincent van Gogh)

Photo Credit: V. Vasquez

4. That face when you realize you overslept and missed your 8 a.m. lecture... (Girl With a Pearl Earring - Johannes Vermeer)

Photo Credit: Jimmie

5. The face your parents make when you come home for break and you know they saw all of your Instagram pictures and Snapchat stories from those crazy weekends at frat parties. (American Gothic - Grant Wood) 

Photo Credit: uhuru1701

6. When you tell all of your friends that you are "literally going to die" after finals week. (The Last Supper - Leonardo Da Vinci)

Photo Credit: Bob

7. How you and your other freshman friend feel while partying with a bunch of seniors for the first time. (Dogs Playing Poker - Cassius Marcellus Coolidge)

Photo Credit: Christopher

8. When you almost hooked up with that cute boy at that one party you can barely remember, but then you said something dumb that scared him away. (The Creation of Adam (Hands Detail) - Michelangelo)

Photo Credit: Martin L.

Lead Image Credit: Mark Chadwick

Danielle Newman - University of Pittsburgh

Danielle Newman is a freshman at the University of Pittsburgh majoring in Bioengineering and plans on becoming certified in prosthetics and orthotics. Before college, she was the historian of her school’s student government. You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram @daniii_newman!