Display jeremy bishop 131058
by Daniela Pinzon

5 Easy, Inexpensive Ways to Glam Up Your Backpack

By Daniela Pinzon - Jan 24 2018

As this new spring semester begins, you may be wondering how to spice up your school supplies to feel a little more motivated. Let’s face it though, as college students we don’t have the budget to buy expensive notebooks, binders and backpacks with fancy designs. For this reason, I have found five inexpensive pins and patches to help you glam up your backpack on a budget.

• 1. Monogram Letters

Etsy

Website: Etsy.

If you have ever scrolled through the Etsy website, then you may have noticed it is filled with pretty much everything you could ever ask for. For just $9 you can get a custom, iron-on monogram patch with your initials. This patch is perfect for putting your personal stamp on your backpack; the seller not only lets you choose the initials on it, but also has a large selection of fabric and thread colors.

2. The Incredibles Pin

Hot Topic

Website: Hot Topic.

If you’re anything like me and have been waiting for The Incredibles II to come out since that cliffhanger back in 2004 then you should probably represent with this pin. For $2.45 (original price: $3.50) you can get this pin to celebrate the fact that we will finally find out if The Underminer will declare a war… Oh and let’s not forget the fact that Jack-Jack has superpowers.

3. “See the World” Button

Handmade by Amazon 
Handmade by Amazon

Website: Amazon.

Love to travel? This button is perfect for those who are filled with wanderlust. For $3 (+$3.50 shipping) on Amazon, you can get this high-gloss finish button. The designer of these does all the lettering herself using calligraphy or brush markers. This is a perfect way to express your desire to explore the world. It's also available as a laptop sticker!

4. Anatomical Heart Patch

Etsy

Website: Etsy.

I don’t know about your university, but here at mine everyone is a biology major… including me. As a big fan of medicine, Grey's Anatomy, and everything anatomical, I love this embroidered patch. For just $2.50, you can buy this black and red iron-on heart patch. It is completely handmade and ships within 1-2 days.

5. Variety

Amazon

Website: Amazon.

For those who are indecisive and can’t narrow down just one pin to choose, this set of 15 pins from Amazon is perfect. Priced at just $9.99, this set gives you the option to choose your desired aesthetic. From summer pins to dainty pink-themed ones, there’s a choice for everyone. 

If you’re like me, then your online cart is probably already full of pins and patches to decorate, however, don’t worry, if you feel like these weren’t enough options to choose from there are many others out there. Websites such as Etsy and Amazon are a perfect place to look for cute, inexpensive ways to decorate your backpack.

Daniela Pinzon - Nova Southeastern University

Daniela is a freshman at Nova Southeastern University, majoring in biology with a minor in psychology. She enjoys museums, tv shows and science. Although an aspiring surgeon, she also has a strong interest in the public relations field. Follow her on instagram @danielaa_pinzon