Display book
by Dani Berris

The Top 5 Websites for Book Lovers

By Dani Berris - Sep 02 2017

Whether you read fiction or non-fiction, romance or thriller, or even historical or biographical, you probably clicked on this article because you love books. Here are some book-inspired and book-themed websites where you can find merchandise or information on your favorite reads. 

1. Litographs

This website offers clothing, accessories and posters for sale associated with over 200 books. There are many different styles and colors available, and you can even customize your own t-shirt or accessory. Many of the items are designed with a full page of text from a selected book or an image that was described in a scene. This website lets you show off your favorite titles in a fashionable and practical way. For half off, you can select a book that you want to find merchandise for and Litographs will send you a random item associated with that story.

2. Frostbeard Studio

Frostbeard is a website that sells a lot of book merchandise, but it is explicitly known for its book-scented candles. Some candles are book-specific with Harry Potter or Sherlock themed scents. Other candles simply smell like old books or "reading at a cafe." These candles can even set the mood for reading a good book on a rainy day.

3. Book of the Month

The Book of the Month website gives visitors access to a monthly book subscription. Each month, you receive five books that you preselect on the website. These books all come in hardcover and cheaper than they would if you bought them in-store. You can get these books sent to your house every month on a day of your choosing.

4. Displate

Displate, a website that sells metal posters, has an entire selection based on literature. Some of the posters are images of stacks of books or quotes about reading, but others refer to specific works ranging anywhere from "Sense and Sensibility" to "Game of Thrones." These posters are not too expensive and can brighten up any room or make your bedroom feel a little more like home.

5. Goodreads

Goodreads is the ultimate website for book lovers. It bases recommendations off of the books that you've read and keeps track of all of the books you are reading. You can leave reviews and read reviews that your friends have left about books. You can look through books by category or genre. There are book quizzes and famous author quotes all over the website. Goodreads also shows you E-books that are on sale for the cheapest possible prices. The website also posts lists of the best books of the year or the month.

Ultimately, these websites will make you feel like you're part of a larger community of readers. You will feel more involved wearing book merchandise or having a poster on your wall than if you were just reading a book. You can also use some of these websites to contact readers that love the same type of books as you do. Remember: readers are everywhere — you just have to find them!

Dani Berris - Sarah Lawrence College

Dani is a freshman at Sarah Lawrence College. She loves lipstick.