by Daja Henry

College Student Surprises Grandparents By Paying Off Their Mortgage

By Daja Henry - Mar 30 2016

Stefun Darts, a San Jacinto College student, has decided to reciprocate the love and sacrifices his grandparents have made for him by paying off their mortgage and giving them a trip to the Bahamas. Darts' first check ever was this one, for $15,000 and to him, it could not be more rewarding.

Darts spent the past six years not going to parties and eating frozen microwave pizza to save up for this occasion. He felt as if he had a greater plan, so he sacrificed the fun of his college years for his grandparents, who he had seen sacrificing and working late nights all throughout his childhood. 

He told KHOU, Houston's news station, that he didn't do it for recognition. “To see tears of joy, to experience that in a lifetime, it’s like how many people can say that?”

Darts' grandparents were very grateful. His mother believed that he had always been special, bringing examples of his being a giving child. How many of us can say we've done something so heartwarming?

Lead Image Credit: Facebook, Stefun Darts

Daja Henry - Howard University

Daja Henry is a sophomore Media, Journalism, and Film Communications major at Howard University. She is a writer, lyric connoisseur, and lover of all cultures. You can follow her on Twitter @dajaeh97.