by Brittany Pierce

9 Things to Bring to College If You Love Reading

By Brittany Pierce - Aug 27 2017

It can be difficult to move out and leave the bookshelves that lined your walls and provided a source of comfort behind at home. Unfortunately, there simply isn't enough room in a dorm for you to bring your entire book collection to college. While you may be tempted to pack a stack of books to bring with you, here are some great alternatives to bring instead.

1. A plethora of throw pillows.  

You can never have too many throw pillows, right? These adorable book pillows are perfect for dorm rooms. It's highly likely that you will purchase multiple throw pillows anyway, so these are a great option for book lovers to express their interests and decorate their rooms at the same time. A library card pillow is a great option as well. These will make your dorm feel less like a tiny room and more like the personal library that you have been dreaming of.

thinkgeek.com
etsy.com

2. "Eat Sleep Read" duvet cover.

If you just can't seem to find any comforters that you like, then this duvet cover is a must-have. It comes in multiple colors, fonts and styles.

society6.com

3. This unique lamp.

This particular lamp also happens to be a shelf that holds your place in your book. This is perfect for when you stay up way too late reading and don't feel like getting out of bed to grab a bookmark. No more folding page corners!

wayfair.com

4. Bookends inspired by The Deathly Hallows.

You probably won't have enough room for a bookcase in your dorm, but with these bookends you can still store some of your favorites without sacrificing too much space. This item also shows off your love for Harry Potter. 

etsy.com

5. A personalized library stamp. 

If you love reading, then it is likely that most of your friends do, too, which also means that you probably borrow books from each other often. If that is the case, then this stamp will ensure that all of your beloved books make it back to you. If you don't lend out your books often, then this stamp still offers a nice personal touch to your collection. 

etsy.com

6. A thumb ring book holder. 

This invention is genius. All readers know the struggle of trying to keep a book open comfortably with one hand. Luckily, this little gadget is here to save the day.

etsy.com

7. This cozy sweater.

You can wear this to your 8:00 a.m. classes to explain to your peers why you are always so tired. You can get it here.

etsy.com

8. This adorable mug.

This mug will definitely pair well with that sweater, and it deters people from interrupting your reading time. You can find it here

etsy.com

9. A customizable miniature book necklace. 

This is one of the best accessories that a book lover could ask for. Not only is it super cute, but these miniature book replicas enable you to show off your favorite pieces of literature. 

etsy.com

These are just a few of the hundreds of awesome things available for book lovers. Leaving all your books behind doesn't have to be hard if your dorm is full of items that complement your love for reading. Don't forget to still pack one or two of your favorite books as well!

Brittany Pierce - Alma College

Brittany Pierce is a freshman at Alma College double majoring in Sociology and Communication and minoring in Spanish. At her high school, Brittany was class president, captain of the cross country team, and a member of the yearbook committee. Brittany loves camping, spending time with family, and reading.