Display kat
by Bre'Anna Grant

This Viral Tweet Encompasses Every Sibling's Relationship at Thanksgiving Dinner

By Bre'Anna Grant - Nov 22 2017

It's no secret how annoying siblings can be. They eat our food, wear our clothes and pull the meanest pranks on us. But hey, gotta love them right? Katrina Dahlgren, an alumna at North Dakota State College of Science in Wahpeton, North Dakota shared a story that sets the bar of sibling's being mean to each other.

"Okay, so there were all these tweets going around and they would be something about a person's sibling doing something mean to them, but now it's something they can laugh at," Dahlgren told Fresh U via Twitter direct messages.

Haley Bimmersbach, one of Dahlgren's friends, texted her a funny Tweet about someone being mean to their sibling and told her to share her "poop story." And that is what she did.

"I was like okay Haley, that's not how it works. It's supposed to be your sibling being mean to you, not me [being] mean to them, you know?" Dahlgren said. "My sister and brother are complete sweethearts. We very rarely physically fight, which is what that thread of tweets was supposed to kind of consist of if I were to try and contribute to that. So I just decided to make my own tweet about that particular situation that happened because my extended family always asks her a million questions about what she does in school."

Dahlgren's sister is bringing her boyfriend with her to Thanksgiving this year and she knows there's going to be a lot of conversation about the two of them. "He's going to school to be a neurosurgeon. So it all kind of just added together for me." Dahlgren said.

Her tweet has received a lot of attention, including over 43,000 retweets and 277,000 favorites.

The reactions to her tweet were just as hilarious as her tweet.

"Obviously, I did not think it was going to blow up like it did/is," Dahlgren said. "Slightly embarrassing that everyone and their dog knows I pooped in the tub."

Dahlgren and her siblings come from a small town of 3,500 people. Both of her siblings are known in town for being really smart. They also never do anything wrong (in her opinion.) 

"I was a very social high schooler/college kid, so I'm kind of the 'bad egg.' Not that I was bad but just a lot harder to control I'd say. My siblings however, are not the best with people," Dahlgren said. "I was homecoming queen in both high school and college, so I'm a lot more social than either of them, but definitely not on their level of intelligence."

Now I know you're probably wondering... how does her sister Kelsey feel about it?

"My sister Kelsey does not have twitter, but I sent it to her in a text once it started to blow up. She also asked about DMs I've gotten from it and she's been laughing at those," Dahlgren said. "She's knows it's all just me joking around about actually being annoyed with her and isn't mad about anything!"

Sibling love is a unique love.

Lead Image Credit: @trinadahlgren via Twitter

Bre'Anna Grant - St. John's University

Bre'Anna is currently a sophomore at St. John's University. She is studying Journalism with an Italian minor with the intentions of becoming a reporter for CNN. In her free time, she loves to volunteer, read, write poetry and watch Bob's Burgers while drinking her favorite drink: lemonade. (Follow her on IG at @_bbaagg or on Twitter at @bbaagg_)