Display ward
by Bre'Anna Grant

This High School Senior Got His Younger Sister To Turn The TV Down In the Most Innovative Way

By Bre'Anna Grant - Oct 22 2017

Many have siblings who annoy them to the highest point of annoyance. And even if we hate to admit it out loud, we love our siblings and would do (almost) anything for them. This older brother wanted some peace & quiet, but his little sister just wouldn't turn the TV down. Until he made a Snapchat geofilter.

"My brother's in college, so now I only have her to mess with at home," Palmer Ward, a senior at a local high school in Virginia, told Fresh U via Twitter direct messages.

Ward's sole purpose for the tweet was to make people laugh. 

"It's not the answer you want, but I'm a twitter personality who doesn't get paid, so my sole purpose is to get people to laugh. I did the geofilter thing knowing I would get a rise out of her because I thought it would be a funny thing to do, and then people might like it too," said Ward.

Since tweeting, Ward has received a lot of attention with over 10,500 retweets and 33,200 favorites. Twitter users were totally here for this innovative idea:

"I've been fortunate enough to get big tweets often. On this particular tweet, I was hoping it would grow big, but I never expect it to get this big," Ward said. "It's really awesome to see that I can make millions of people smile at no cost."

We're in 2017 while Ward is in 2056. 

Lead Image Credit: @decentbirthday via Twitter

Bre'Anna Grant - St. John's University

Bre'Anna is currently a sophomore at St. John's University. She is studying Journalism with an Italian minor with the intentions of becoming a reporter for CNN. In her free time, she loves to volunteer, read, write poetry and watch Bob's Burgers while drinking her favorite drink: lemonade. (Follow her on IG at @_bbaagg or on Twitter at @bbaagg_)